Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes, breakfast cereals, snackfoods, tea and traditional foods. The most popular types of cinnamon are native to Sri Lanka and China, though cinnamon is grown throughout Asia, Europe, and North America.


True/Ceylon Cinnamon

Sri Lanka is the main source of cinnamon, and produces 90% of the global requirement. Of the remaining 10%, 5% is produced in Madagascar and 5% from the rest of the world. It is also called Mexican Cinnamon since it is the largest importer of Ceylon cinnamon. However, Mexico only trades and does not produce in Mexico , since only Sri Lanka’s soil and environment are suitable for the plant.

Basic Properties

  • Subtle taste & fragrant, refined aroma
  • Light brown colour
  • Rolled in thin fragile layers into a cigar shape
  • Crumbly and easy to break



Cassia Cinnamon

We can see this in most supermarkets in other countries and it is cheaper than the Ceylon cinnamon. Major sources are Indonesia, Vietnam and China.

Basic Properties

  • Hard and not easy to break
  • One single thick bark is rolled into a hollow tube
  • Dark brown colour
  • Strong smell & spicy taste
  • Contains Coumaria (Indonesia –4%, Vietnam -8%, China -2%) that may damage liver.

  • 10 or 20kg air-tight polyethylene bag
  • Personalized packing/labelling as per customer request.
  • Minimum order quantity: 500 to 1000kg

Related Products





Want your own ingredient


Find out more
We can provide you

Total Solution

Find out more

Our other noteworthy products

We provide a wide range of products and services including human food such as grains and fresh meat, cooking products such as oil and spices, and animal food. We also provide auxiliary services such as shipping and air freight to our suppliers.

Animal Feed

See our range

Coconut Products

See our range

Grains & Pulses

See our range

Ceylon Spices

See our range
What they say

Working together

Ready to start working together?

Let’s discuss your requirements to find out how we can help your business grow.
Talk to us today about the products you need.

Call us on

+94 76 135 6664

Write to us

    Subscribe to our newsletter

    CFL Agro Lanka